Episode #4 of the Tiny Graphics Advent Calendar, published by Marius Popescu for De Amicis.
Everyone in my family is born a bisect year. Three children and us, the parents!
I always get laughs and astonished looks when I tell this story to a friend. Still, there is no difference between a bisect year and the other years, right No year is special. Well, it depends.
We tend to recall milestones like marriage, babies and anniversaries. For your company, your products, you can also make a timeline of special years:
- When was the company created
- When was a product started
- First customers
- New versions
- International versions, second and third products
- Domain scientific publications
- Standards and norms
Context milestones complement your timeline and attract your customers
Speak to your customers by using events which are important both for you and for them:
– field events like congresses, discoveries or other publications
– national / international events
– new international standards (e.g. HL7 FHIR, ICD-11 or WHO ATC codes for medical apps)
Show these events in parallel with your timeline to give context and to connect your customers to your story.
My eldest daughter prefers saying we’re all born a Football World Cup year.
You must be logged in to post a comment.